Monday, November 22, 2010

Peppermint tea

I made myself a cup of peppermint tea and proceeded to slowly walk up the stairs, balancing the cup so that nothing sloshed over the edges. This is different to my usual scrambling run which often ends in me crawling, having tripped halfway. I finally made it upstairs and sat down at my desk, placing my delicious cup in front of me. I turned on my computer, all settled and ready to finish my biology report (and start it too), just as a call came from downstairs; "MACAILA!!" Sighing, I left to answer the offending call.

It turns out it's not a good idea to forget that you have a very old, practically antique computer. Especially if, every time you turn it on, the cd drive opens, a bit like it's sticking its tongue out at you (which prompted me to draw a pair of large cartoon eyes and set it as my desktop background). And if you happened to place your peppermint filled teacup exactly where it needed to be put in order to be knocked over by said computers tongue. Not a good idea.

So I reappeared moments later, after attending to The Mother, and there was peppermint tea all over my desk, dribbling down the walls, and even soaked into the carpet. Not good. But, as it turns out, not especially bad. For, having cleaned up the sticky spillage (you can not tell me that peppermint tea is good without the honey. You're insane. It needs that sweetness to balance the tang), I now have a deliciously peppermint smelling room, and I rid myself of a nest of dust and spiders that was hidden under my desk.

Now I will carry on with my report, this blog has taken long enough to distract me. Naughty peoples you, not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment