Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Introductiony piecey thingy :)

I've never written a blog before. I'm a newbie, a noob. I thought I'd start with the usual;
Hallo. ---Which is way cooler than hel-lo, which sounds slightly american (no offense Americans). Robot New Zealand accent For The Win!!!---
How are you? ---actually this is a question i hate!!! Its right up there with "Are you sleeping?" and "Are you okay?" Of course I'm okay, theres just a pole through my stomach, no biggie. Does it look like I'm okay?... Another stupid question. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! Stupid questions dominate our world. They truly do. They are taking over, all the intelligent questions are being squished down into infintessimal pieces so small they are unable to be realised, or heard. But never mind that, back to 'how are you?'. Because many people may believe this is a nice, kind, courteous question, which shows that they care about our well-being (very nice, I'm honoured to be the subject of your interrogative 'how are you'. I truly am.) and they MUST be disillusioned!!! Its cumpolsory.
So, "how are you?". The subject of this questioning is caused to reflect back on his/her/its lifeand how things have actually been going for them. And if it hasn't been that great- as often SOMETHING in our lives isn't, no matter how small- then thay are REMINDED!! Reminded of all the world-suck, which, even though we would much rather believe otherwise, usually relates only to our own mini selfish worldsuck (as 'how are you' is a very selfish question to answer. Bring the others down with our pain, our own miserable world, or give the half-hearted I'm good?). To be reminded is not good, in my humble opinion, and surely he/she/it would rather stay in blissful forgettance- you may call it ignorance- where all seems fine and dandy, at least on the surface. Afterall, ignorance is bliss.
I have a proposition, although I don't expect anyone would actually follow it. Instead of saying "how are you?" and bringing to light all the unhappiness of the world, we should instead greet each other with the much happier and reassuring "You're great!", affirming at once he/she/its mood within the scheme of things and also complimenting them on how wonderful they are :D
If you don't want them to get a big head you could say "Your life rules!" (of course at first you wouild get some odd looks but soon everyone would get into it :P
Personally I would like to adopt the phrase "French the Llama, you're awesome!!"
These would cause a much more positive reaction of thought such as "my life has been rather good lately" focusing on all the GOOD things in life, which all too often are forgotten.
Sorry, I like to ramble. Maybe its becauseI can't really do that in real life? Just on paper. In words. Words are my friends ^^

1 comment:

  1. I am about to do the single most annoying thing in the history of commenting.

    FIRST!

    Okay, from now on, I know to say "You're great!" instead of "How are you?" in order to avoid any unnecessary self reflection.

    Amazingly insightful and humorous first blog FTW!

    ReplyDelete